UNO TRiO programs include :
9-12 grades: Upward Bound for Orleans and Jefferson Parishes
6-12 grades: Educational Talent Search for Special Needs Students in Orleans Parish
For eligible college students enrolled at UNO: UNO Student Support Services
Our mission is to provide academic and college preparation support for low-income, first generation college bound high school students and their families.
9-12 Grades: Upward Bound Project PASS and Jefferson Upward Bound
We work at target schools in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes
- we start with students entering 9th grade and provide support to them through high school and for 6 years after they graduate
- we provide weekly in school tutoring at target schools, Saturday sessions and a summer program of academics and community partnerships
- we serve students with special needs – however- students are not required to have documented IEP’s or 504 plans-
- Our trained staff understand the accommodations and modifications needed to help students with special needs. We attend IEP and 504 plan meetings as an outside support program.
- we help students navigate the college entrance process
- we involve parents every step of the way with what is needed to get their student into a post-secondary program
- our program provides opportunities for college visits, career exploration and community service
Laurie Molnar-Associate Director: email@example.com 504-280-1262, cell 504-812-7281
Brittney Williams-Jefferson Parish Program Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org 504-280-3229
6- 12 Grades : Educational Talent Search Program
ACCESS – for Orleans Parish students for grades 6-12 with special needs: students are required to have documented IEP or 504 plans
- in school advising, workshops on college readiness, financial planning, time management, study skills, test taking and more
- summer programming and field trips
- advocacy for students with documented IEP or 504 plans
- involve parents every step of the way with what is needed to get their student into a post-secondary program
- our program provides opportunities for college visits and career exploration
Dion Dukes – Associate Director 504-280-7425
Jean Ware – Summer Program Coordinator – 504-280-7152
Classic Upward Bound
Under the direction of Ms. Lynette Bates, Classic Upward Bound also serves students in Orleans parish schools, primarily Lake Area, KIPP Renaissance and Clark. Services are similar to the above mentioned Upward Bound programs.
Lynette Bates – Director 504-280-7050
Eligible UNO College Students : TRiO Student Support Services
Student Support Services provide a seamless support system for TRiO students throughout their post-secondary career at UNO.
Nora Chapuis – Director