Today was specimen collection day at the lake with Dr. Phil. Tomorrow students will take a look at the critters and water beasties they collected, identify them and learn about the ecosystem around the end of Bayou St. John and Lake Ponchartrain.
Shell Energy Camp June 4 – June 8, Orientation Thursday, May 31, 2018
WHERE: Main Location: University of New Orleans Education Building
WHO: Rising 10th, 11th and 12th grade students interested in sciences/environment/engineering
Application: UNO/Shell Energy Camp 2018
- Learn how energy shapes our world
- Talk to professionals about pathways for careers in the field of energy.
- Perform hands-on experiments, explore the process of energy development; from how oil and natural gas are formed to the ways various types of energy are used.
- Analyze problems, troubleshoot, and develop conclusions with knowledgeable instructors.
- Travel on field explorations to a variety of locations, meet with experts and perform hands-on activities such as:
- Construct windmills – design solar houses at UNO
- Enjoy a working lunch with Shell professionals, view virtual equipment and visit a working bridge at One Shell Square
- Walk through a sustainably designed home – see energy and resource consumption in real-time at the Global Green House
- Tour a working training facility complete with control room simulations, drilling and production equipment, and a helicopter submersion demonstration at Shell Robert Training & Conference Center
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and learn about technical careers at South Central Louisiana Technical College.
- Canoe through the marsh, identify plankton and discuss their role in energy formation at UNO’s Coastal Education Research Facility
- Experience an active refinery and explore technical careers at Shell Norco Refinery
Transportation and Food:
Snacks, lunch and transportation to field trips from UNO are provided daily. Students will meet and return to the Education Building on the campus of the University of New Orleans.
For more information contact Natalie at 504-812-5452 or email@example.com .
ACT Boot Camps will be held March 3 and April 7 to help Juniors and Seniors get ready to SLAM DUNK the ACT.
Presented by Mastery Prep, the company started by someone with a PERFECT ACT score.
FULL DAY (9:00 – 3:30) Includes special ACT prep books you can’t get anywhere else, specialized instruction, and much more.
We had to cancel our January 6th Saturday, but we will make that day up on January 27th. Please put this date in your phone and on your calendar. Our schedule for January is :
January 20, January 27, then Feb. 3
This means 3 Saturdays in a row- lots of time to practice for the February 10th ACT.